From: "Alan Sun" <alan90...@gmail.com>
To: "vcap-dev" <vcap-...@cloudfoundry.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:04:35 AM
Subject: [vcap-dev] TSDB configuration in vcap-tools dashboard

Hi guys,
I have already deployed a single node cloudfoundry on my PC and i'm
trying to use the CF dashboard in vcap-tools directory. There is a
TSDB URI configuration in application.prooerties file of dashboard
project and i don't know how to configure it. I wonder which
clodfoundry component provide the information dashboard needs and how
to configure the TSDB URI?
Now i get a gateway timeout error when i run the dashboard.

Search Discussions

  • Chunjie Zhu at Jun 6, 2012 at 8:48 am
    The tsdb server deployment is really esay if you just want to have a try.

    OpenTSDB is based on the HBase, do not worry, a single-node HBase instance is enough, zookeeper cluster, hbase cluster is not necessary. For single-node hbase deployment, please refer to http://opentsdb.net/setup-hbase.html. Before that, please make sure you get the appropriate java runtime environment.

    For tsdb installation, please refer to http://opentsdb.net/getting-started.html.

    OpenTSDB provides both web interface and cli interface. For web access (http://<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4242>), you may encounter the "graphic rendering" error, if so, please make sure you have installed gnuplot and its dependent packages.

    Regards,
    Chunjie