Hi there,

I installed a local singel-node cloudfoundry from the command "bin/
vcap_dev_setup", which by default install some common services and
components. Now, I want to utilize my own database server as the
mysql service, and I know that the service_broker can do this for me.
Here's the question, how to install the additional service_broker to
my vcap? I've tried to modify the job_manager.rb but it doesn't work.

Thanks,
Linna

Search Discussions

  • Chunjie Zhu at Jun 6, 2012 at 6:05 am
    Hi Linna,

    Actually vcap_dev_setup for service_broker is on the way, and will be open to public soon. If your case is not urgent, just wait for 2 or 3 weeks.

    If you want it ready for yourself as soon as possible, your 1st step to modify job_manager.rb is correct, besides that, please add service_broker under dev_setup/cookbooks & add service_broker under dev_setup/roles.

    If you are not familiar with chef-solo, please refer to http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Chef+Configuration+Settings

    Regards,
    Chunjie

    I installed a local singel-node cloudfoundry from the command "bin/
    vcap_dev_setup", which by default install some common services and
    components. Now, I want to utilize my own database server as the
    mysql service, and I know that the service_broker can do this for me.
    Here's the question, how to install the additional service_broker to
    my vcap? I've tried to modify the job_manager.rb but it doesn't work.

    Thanks,
    Linna
  • 玲 丁 at Jun 6, 2012 at 6:20 am
    Hi Chunjie,

    Thanks very much for your rapid response!
    I‘ll look into the chef-solo and look forward to the vcap_dev_setup
    for service_broker :)

    Regards,
[...]

groupvcap-dev @
postedJun 6, '12 at 5:52a