I have a VCAP running on my VM whcih has Ubuntu 10.04 server
installed.
I wanted to know can I deploy VCAP on any other server like SUSE or
any other.

Has any one tried to deploy VCAP on any other server than Ubuntu.

Cheers!
Anuj

Search Discussions

  • Benmccann at Jun 5, 2012 at 9:13 pm
    I'm guessing it won't work out of the box. Other Debian based servers will
    probably be easier. I think there's some usage of apt and you might have
    some trouble with RPM-based distros. I have a change pending to make it
    work on both Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 12.04<http://reviews.cloudfoundry.org/#/c/6017/> and
    am just waiting for it to be reviewed before I can check it in.

    I have a VCAP running on my VM whcih has Ubuntu 10.04 server
    installed.
    I wanted to know can I deploy VCAP on any other server like SUSE or
    any other.

    Has any one tried to deploy VCAP on any other server than Ubuntu.

    Cheers!
    Anuj
  • Ben Langfeld at Jun 5, 2012 at 9:15 pm
    In theory vcap should work on any linux distro. dev_setup is another
    thing entirely, and probably will not support non-ubuntu distros for a
    while.

    Regards,
    Ben Langfeld

    I'm guessing it won't work out of the box.  Other Debian based servers will
    probably be easier.  I think there's some usage of apt and you might have
    some trouble with RPM-based distros.  I have a change pending to make it
    work on both Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 12.04 and am just waiting for it to be
    reviewed before I can check it in.

    I have a VCAP running on my VM whcih has Ubuntu 10.04 server
    installed.
    I wanted to know can I deploy VCAP on any other server like SUSE or
    any other.

    Has any one tried to deploy VCAP on any other server than Ubuntu.

    Cheers!
    Anuj

groupvcap-dev @
postedJun 5, '12 at 12:48p
activeJun 5, '12 at 9:15p

Ben Langfeld: 1 post Anuj: 1 post Benmccann: 1 post