Drnic,

Thanks for creating bosh-gen gem, i was successfully able to create my
release and job very easily , i would soon write how to do using that gem.

One thing which i wanted to know , the job(script) i created i want it to
run on each vm which bosh provisions , at present what i can understand is
i need to specify that job in deployment file for every vm i want to
provision , i would like to make that job common so that it runs by default
on every vm.

Thanks for your he*lp.

*
*Cheers,
*
*Ritesh
*

  • Dr Nic Williams at Sep 13, 2013 at 7:10 am
    You can colocate 2+ job templates (things from the jobs/ folder of your release) on each job within your deployment file.

    The "templates" field of each job can take an array of Strings.
    Thanks for creating bosh-gen gem, i was successfully able to create my
    release and job very easily , i would soon write how to do using that gem.
    One thing which i wanted to know , the job(script) i created i want it to
    run on each vm which bosh provisions , at present what i can understand is
    i need to specify that job in deployment file for every vm i want to
    provision , i would like to make that job common so that it runs by default
    on every vm.
    Thanks for your he*lp.
    *
    *Cheers,
    *
    *Ritesh
    *
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bosh-users+unsubscribe@cloudfoundry.org.
  • Ritesh Nanda at Sep 13, 2013 at 9:53 am
    While collocate jobs like in case of core/2 where we have templates of
    cloud_controller_ng and gorouter putting my job as template gives a
    collocate error, i think which people has also faced before.

    Is there anything as shared_job .

    On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Dr Nic Williams

    --

    * With Regards
    *

    * Ritesh Nanda
    *

    ***
    *
    <http://www.ericsson.com/>

  • Dr Nic Williams at Sep 13, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    If I understand - you now want to colocate your new job template with a job template from the cf-release?

    Currently this isn't possible. Today you can only colocate job templates from one bosh release on a job.

    Ferdy and I had a chat today the sketch out a solution. It's still just a sketch in a notebook :)
[...]

  • Ritesh Nanda at Sep 15, 2013 at 10:33 am
    Thanks nic,

    Yes i want to collocate my new job template in cf-release , i just want
    that my new job should run on every machine cf-release deployment file has.
    Is it possible to run my new job created by bosh-gen to be used in
    cf-release.

[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at Sep 16, 2013 at 4:14 pm
    As above, it isn't currently possible to colocate job templates from two
    different releases.

    You're only solution is to modify cf-release itself and add the new
    jobs/packages into it. You won't be able to cut a final release easily
    (without decoupling yourself from CF Core team's releases); but at least
    you'll be able to get it done.

[...]

    http://drnicwilliams.com
    http://starkandwayne.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
    twitter @drnic

  • Ritesh Nanda at Sep 16, 2013 at 4:57 pm
    Thanks nic , i will try that out.

    On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@gmail.com

    On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 5:45 AM, Ritesh Nanda <riteshnanda09@gmail.com
[...]

  • Ritesh Nanda at Sep 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm
    Hello nic,

    Thanks for your help , i was able to put my custom job in cf-release , but
    when i try to add custom template in core/2 job which is postgres and
    debian_nfs_server, it gives a colocating error.

    "Job `core2' has specs with conflicting property definition styles between
    its job spec templates. This may occur if colocating jobs, one of which
    has a spec file including `properties' and one which doesn't."

    Can you help on this , even recently i have seen your issue on github for
    adding property in debian_nfs_server spec file. Any dumy property which i
    can add in these jobs which does'nt have any property.

    On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Ritesh Nanda <riteshnanda09@gmail.com