Hi,
I am trying to deploy multiple releases (e.g. cassandra cf-release, mysql
cf-release, elasticsearch cf-release) on a BOSH based CF instance . For
every individual release listed above, I have a deployment manifest file
which lists components to deploy cloud foundry and service associated to
the release. Since the infrastructure related to CF is already deployed and
running, I wanted to know if there is a way in deployment manifest to point
to currently running CF. Currently, I am repeating the deployment
information for CF in every single service release and this causes BOSH to
deploy CF for every single release. To summarize, I want to have various 2
types of deployment manifests as the following:
1) CF only release (infrastructure, networks, jobs and properties only for
CF deployment)
2) Service only CF release - (point to currently running CF +
infrastructure, networks, jobs and properties only for service deployment)

-Shashi

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Mar 11, 2013 at 11:01 am
    This is definitely how and some others imagine the future - independent bosh releases of things that loosely come together in CF.

    The key to "joining CF" is if your service has a node & gateway (or I guess uses the service_gateway which I haven't played with yet) and ultimately: can it connect to NATS.

    Which NATS server you can connect to determines which CF your thingy is joining.

    If you're able, it would be wonderful for many many people if you can share your bosh releases in time. I started some bosh releases last year of similar services  before I started playing with CF itself. I haven't gotten back to them because of the work on bosh-bootstrap&bosh-cf.

    I'd love to extend bosh-cf to pull in your additional repos as easily as it does everything else!
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
[...]
  • Pragsha at Mar 11, 2013 at 11:11 am
    I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your feedback.

    -Shashi

    On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM, pra...@gmail.com <javascript:> <
[...]

groupbosh-users @
postedMar 11, '13 at 10:40a
activeMar 11, '13 at 11:11a

Pragsha: 2 posts Dr Nic Williams: 1 post