Hi,
I am trying to use the BOSH feature of deploying multiple releases from
single deployment manifest file. I have the following releases defined in
my deployment manifest

releases:
- name: cassandra-multi-node-release
version:1
- name: cassandra-single-node-release
version:2

jobs:
- name: cassandra-single-node
release: cassandra-single-node-release
template: cassandra
- name: cassandra-multi-node
release: cassandra-multi-node-release
template: cassandra

My question here is: - How do I create and deploy multiple releases from
the same directory? Based on my understanding, "bosh create release"
command defaults to one release name. This is the release name you enter,
when you run the bosh create release command first time. I could recreate
the release by running the "bosh reset release" command. But, this is again
setting back to one release.

Any thought/clarifications?

-Shashi

Search Discussions

  • Martin Englund at Mar 6, 2013 at 8:22 pm
    Shashi,

    I think it would be better if you use a property in your deployment
    manifest to determine if you are using single or multi node
    deployment, and then act accordingly in the job.

    Cheers,
    /Martin

    --
    cheers,

[...]