After I have successfully uploaded the stemcell to bosh, and after execute
the command: bosh deployment appcloud-126.yml,I encountered the problem:
Uploading release
release.tgz: 100%
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo|
1.3GB 20.6MB/s Time: 00:01:04

Director task 10

Extracting release
extracting release (00:00:17)
Done 1/1 00:00:17

Verifying manifest
verifying manifest (00:00:00)
Done 1/1 00:00:00

Resolving package dependencies
resolving package dependencies (00:00:00)
Done 1/1 00:00:00

Creating new packages
hbase/4: Could not create object, 400/ (00:00:01)
Error 1/71 00:00:01

Error 100: Could not create object, 400/

1. what's the error message means? I could successfully deploy it on
micro_bosh, but failed on the bosh release.
2. I wonder how to check the error, how to review the logs to find some
relative tips to solve this problem?

thanks

Search Discussions

  • Chenlong828 at Jan 10, 2013 at 2:18 am
[...]

  • Chenlong828 at Jan 10, 2013 at 2:19 am
[...]

  • Martin Englund at Jan 10, 2013 at 2:54 am
    You are most likely running out of disk space on your blobstore. Try giving it a bigger persistent disk...

    /M

    Sent from my iPhone
[...]

  • Bob G at Jan 10, 2013 at 9:21 pm
    This looks like a bug in the code. The upload directory has a path
    of /var/vcap/store, but the persistent disk is mounted to /var/vcap/data.
    What occurs is that the root file system runs out of space. In the
    blobstore vm, I moved the directory under /var/vcap/data and created a
    symbolic link and was able to get around the problem.

    thanks
    Bob

[...]

  • Bob G at Jan 10, 2013 at 9:23 pm
    Sorry, I forgot that /var/vcap/store wasn't suppose to be on the ephemeral
    disk. I was confusing the ephemeral disk with the persistent disk.

    Thanks
    Bob

[...]

  • Martin Englund at Jan 11, 2013 at 12:51 am
    No worries, as Dr Nic would say ;)

    We really should improve the error!

    /M

    Sent from my iPhone
[...]

  • Chenlong828 at Jan 11, 2013 at 12:31 am
    how to login to the director server? what's the default password for user
    vcap?
[...]

  • Martin Englund at Jan 11, 2013 at 12:33 am
    Unless you have specified another password in the deployment manifest, it is "c1oudc0w".

    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, Staff Engineer, Cloud Foundry, VMware Inc.
    "The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid enough."
[...]

  • Chenlong828 at Jan 11, 2013 at 1:00 am
    thanks, after I have make a directory on the /var/vcap/data/store and make
    an link to /var/vcap/sotre, the upload press seems ok, but give me another
    surprise:
    - marketplace_gateway (6)
    - memcached_node_ng (11)
    - mongodb_node_ng (14)
    - mysql_node_ng (12)
    - postgresql_node_ng (13)
    - rabbit_node_ng (12)
    - redis_node_ng (13)
    - vblob_node_ng (12)
    - oauth2_gateway (1)

    Uploading release
    release.tgz: 100% |oooooooooooooooooooooooo| 1.3GB 124.6MB/s Time:
    00:00:10
    HTTP 500:

    what's the 500 error means? where should I check the log file or debug
    message?

    thanks.
[...]

  • Chenlong828 at Jan 11, 2013 at 3:03 am
    the 500 problem has been solved, after I check the log fils at
    vcap/sys/director/, I found the log file tells me that the direcotry
    permission has encountered error and solved, thank you.
[...]

  • Chenlong828 at Jan 11, 2013 at 3:07 am
    that's it, after I login to the blob server with default password:
    vcap/c1oudc0w, I found that the blob server's sda1 is full and sda2 is
    still empty, the blob data saved to the sda1.
    after create the link of blob store to sda2, the problem sloved.
[...]

  • Martin Englund at Jan 11, 2013 at 5:16 am
    What you should have done from the beginning was to attach a
    persistent disk to the job - then it would have worked. If you do a
    stemcell upgrade now, all you data will be lost!

[...]

groupbosh-users @
postedJan 10, '13 at 2:18a
activeJan 11, '13 at 5:16a