I thought, based on the syntax of the micro bosh manifest, that bosh would
deploy on a host where the network name was defined. I have private vlans
and it apparently does not know how to deal with them.

How do you direct bosh_cli to deploy on a particular host in a cluster?

Search Discussions

  • Vadim Spivak at Nov 20, 2012 at 9:38 pm
    The vSphere CPI that we wrote assumes all of the hosts in the cluster are
    configured the same way, so there is currently no way to specify this
    without extending the CPI to support this.

    -Vadim
    I thought, based on the syntax of the micro bosh manifest, that bosh would
    deploy on a host where the network name was defined. I have private vlans
    and it apparently does not know how to deal with them.

    How do you direct bosh_cli to deploy on a particular host in a cluster?
  • Mike Reeves at Nov 20, 2012 at 9:56 pm
    I moved the second host into another cluster.
    I thought, based on the syntax of the micro bosh manifest, that bosh would
    deploy on a host where the network name was defined. I have private vlans
    and it apparently does not know how to deal with them.

    How do you direct bosh_cli to deploy on a particular host in a cluster?
  • Martin Englund at Nov 20, 2012 at 10:53 pm
    Mike,

    I recommend that you use vsphere host profiles to make sure all hosts
    in your cluster are configured the same way,

    --
    cheers,
    /Martin

groupbosh-users @