Hello,

I am following
http://www.brianmmcclain.com/2012/07/20/using-bosh-with-vsphere-part-5/
I have completed the first 3 steps that is

$ git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release
$ cd cf-release
$ ./update

The next step is to create a release. Prior to this I created a account on
atmos offering as well and provided the secret in
cf-release/config/private.yml
Now when I run a bosh create release from cf-release folder I am getting
checksum mismatches for couple of tar.gz files.
Is this a known issue?
Another question is that I am running there commands on same machine that
has the bosh CLI and not the BOSH instance itself. Am I doing right? or do
the release creation steps need to be run on the BOSH instance server
itself?

All help is much appreciated.
Regards.

Search Discussions

  • Daniel K Winsor at Dec 13, 2012 at 6:39 pm
    Hi, I am getting this error too.

    root@ubuntu:/var/vcap/releases/cf-release# bosh create release
    Syncing blobs...
    erlang/otp_src_R14B01.tar.gz
    downloaded
    Checksum mismatch for downloaded blob `erlang/otp_src_R14B01.tar.gz'

    Deleted the erlang/otp_src_R14B01.tar.gz blob from the config/blobs.yml and
    it failed on the next one
    sha1sum appears to be installed correctly
    tried it as non root too.

    Some assistance would be nice.
    I have completed the first 3 steps that is

    $ git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release
    $ cd cf-release
    $ ./update

    The next step is to create a release. Prior to this I created a account on
    atmos offering as well and provided the secret in
    cf-release/config/private.yml
    Now when I run a bosh create release from cf-release folder I am getting
    checksum mismatches for couple of tar.gz files.
    Is this a known issue?
    Another question is that I am running there commands on same machine that
    has the bosh CLI and not the BOSH instance itself. Am I doing right? or do
    the release creation steps need to be run on the BOSH instance server
    itself?

    All help is much appreciated.
    Regards.
  • Soravgulati at Dec 14, 2012 at 6:26 am
    Are you deploying cloudfoundry?
    I have completed the first 3 steps that is

    $ git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release
    $ cd cf-release
    $ ./update

    The next step is to create a release. Prior to this I created a account on
    atmos offering as well and provided the secret in
    cf-release/config/private.yml
    Now when I run a bosh create release from cf-release folder I am getting
    checksum mismatches for couple of tar.gz files.
    Is this a known issue?
    Another question is that I am running there commands on same machine that
    has the bosh CLI and not the BOSH instance itself. Am I doing right? or do
    the release creation steps need to be run on the BOSH instance server
    itself?

    All help is much appreciated.
    Regards.
  • Daniel K Winsor at Dec 14, 2012 at 6:37 am
    Yes, or to be more specific, I will deploy cloud foundry once I have
    successfully made the cf-release. I have redone this step from outside a
    proxy and everything works fine; I am done downloading the blobs and am
    downloading other stuff for the cf release as we speak, so I guess my issue
    is solved. I did have to edit cf-release/.gitmodules and /.git/config to
    point the urls to https://github instead of git@github, but that part
    wouldn't have worked whether behind a proxy or not. Thank you.
    I have completed the first 3 steps that is

    $ git clone https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release
    $ cd cf-release
    $ ./update

    The next step is to create a release. Prior to this I created a account
    on atmos offering as well and provided the secret in
    cf-release/config/private.yml
    Now when I run a bosh create release from cf-release folder I am getting
    checksum mismatches for couple of tar.gz files.
    Is this a known issue?
    Another question is that I am running there commands on same machine that
    has the bosh CLI and not the BOSH instance itself. Am I doing right? or do
    the release creation steps need to be run on the BOSH instance server
    itself?

    All help is much appreciated.
    Regards.

groupbosh-users @