Hi everyone,

I'm running through Brian's tutorial for deploying Cloud Foundry and am
getting a lot of errors along these lines during the "bosh deploy" step:

-------------

Director task 21

Preparing deployment
binding deployment (00:00:00)
binding release (00:00:00)
binding existing deployment (00:00:00)
binding resource pools (00:00:00)
binding stemcells (00:00:00)
binding templates (00:00:00)
binding unallocated VMs (00:00:00)
binding instance networks (00:00:00)
Done 8/8 00:00:00

Compiling packages
dea_seed/8: Timed out sending get_task to
dc1ff7b1-bc9f-43fd-8a9d-1e5951eb4bce after 30 seconds (00:05:10)

------------------

Since I'm new to BOSH any pointers on where to diagnose these errors would
be great. I just keep restarting the "bosh deploy" step and it progresses
sometimes to the next step. I can see VMs being created, used and destroyed
in vSphere Client as well.

Thanks,
Luke

Search Discussions

  • Ben Lisbakken at Jul 24, 2012 at 4:16 pm
    Hey Luke --

    What stemcell version are you using?

    -Ben
[...]

  • Luke Bakken at Jul 24, 2012 at 4:42 pm
    Hi Ben,

    I'm using 0.6.2. I kept restarting the bosh deploy and got to the point
    where it created VMs for the deployment and attempted to bind instance VMs
    and ran into another error:

    $ bosh tasks recent

    +----+-------+-------------------------+------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    # | State | Timestamp | Description | Result

    22 | error | 2012-07-24 16:12:57 UTC | create deployment |
    exception class/object expected
    I'm assuming this is due to the fact that I'm doing a "non standard"
    release with multiple roles assigned per VM, and I have something amiss in
    my jobs or deployment yml file. I'll start a new thread asking how to
    retrieve more information from logging. If you have suggestions about the
    time out errors, that would be great.

    Luke