Hi guys,

some of you may consider this to be a stupid question, but I am glad
to hear your explanation. I kind of miss the reasons why should be
such a tool as BOSH distributed. If someone can get me a solid
reasoning why is BOSH designed in a way it is (i.e. quite complex
distributed system with lots of moving parts), I would really
appreciate it.

(I have successfully installed BOSH in my lab environment (vSphere 5
within vCD) and found the process a bit more complex than I had
expected at the beginning. I think BOSH's architecture has something
to do with that complexity.)

Cheers,
Michal

Search Discussions

  • Vadim Spivak at Jul 12, 2012 at 7:28 am
    What specifically do you consider to be complex?

    The main components:
    Director - API endpoint and orchestrator
    Blobstore - where the bits go
    Redis - used for coordination
    NATS - tiny message bus for Director to VM communication

    Was your problem having these individual components? Or more with the
    bootstrap process that we have today?

    We would love to hear your about experience installing BOSH to see what we
    can simplify and improve.

    Thanks,
    Vadim