Each time I see a patch to bosh-release [1], cf-release, etc I am reminded that we're not getting any closer to a culture of documenting that the available properties are for bosh releases.

I've poked around a few times with example ideas, but haven't come up with any syntax or documentation I like yet.

Anyone else have ideas on how we could document what properties are available for releases (or combinations of properties)?

[1] http://reviews.cloudfoundry.org/#/c/6948/1/jobs/director/templates/director.yml.erb - added properties.director.encryption

Dr Nic Williams - VP Developer Evangelism

The Leading Platform as a Service

Mobile: 415 860 2185

Skype: nicwilliams

Twitter: @drnic

Search Discussions

  • Brian McClain at Jul 12, 2012 at 2:06 am
    Agreed, I had been kicking around the idea of a tool that scans a BOSH
    release to determine valid/required properties, but not quite sure it's the
    best route.

    I've got nothing else to add, but I agree Nic, this is an important piece

    Brian
    @brianmmcclain
    Each time I see a patch to bosh-release [1], cf-release, etc I am
    reminded that we're not getting any closer to a culture of documenting that
    the available properties are for bosh releases.

    I've poked around a few times with example ideas, but haven't come up with
    any syntax or documentation I like yet.

    Anyone else have ideas on how we could document what properties are
    available for releases (or combinations of properties)?

    [1]
    http://reviews.cloudfoundry.org/#/c/6948/1/jobs/director/templates/director.yml.erb -
    added properties.director.encryption

    ------------------------------

    Dr Nic Williams - VP Developer Evangelism

    [image: Engine Yard]

    The Leading Platform as a Service

    Mobile: 415 860 2185

    Skype: nicwilliams

    Twitter: @drnic
    ------------------------------
  • Oleg Shaldybin at Jul 12, 2012 at 2:29 am
    We are working on this feature right now. Job specs will be used to define
    properties, and later during deployment complete property validation will
    be performed, essentially giving a user list of properties that are missing
    from the deployment manifest along with their type/description.

    jobs/director/templates/**director.yml.erb<http://reviews.cloudfoundry.org/#/c/6948/1/jobs/director/templates/director.yml.erb> -

    --
    Best,
    Oleg

    Cheers
    Nic

    Dr Nic Williams - VP Developer Evangelism
    Engine Yard
    The Leading Platform as a Service
    Mobile: +1 415 860 2185
    Skype: nicwilliams
    Twitter: @drnic

[...]

    Mobile: 415 860 2185 (tel:415%20860%202185)

    Skype: nicwilliams

    Twitter: @drnic

    --
    Best,