Hello all,

I am trying to work thru the article given at
http://www.brianmmcclain.com/2012/05/02/using-bosh-with-vsphere-part-1/
. The article mentions that a cluster is needed for bosh deployer to
deploy microbosh stemcell. The current vsphere setup that I have does
not have a cluster and instead the hosts are directly attached to the
datacenter object. I think introducing a new cluster into vsphere will
be a more disruptive idea.
So my question is : Can BOSH deployer deploy microbosh stemcell onto a
vsphere setup without a cluster in place?

Thanks in advance
Ankit

Search Discussions

  • Brian McClain at Jul 9, 2012 at 9:33 pm
    Also interested in this :)

    Actually had a similar situation come up, but the situation allowed me to
    create a cluster. I'll add any info related to this to the blog post in
    question

    - Brian
    @brianmmcclain
    I am trying to work thru the article given at
    http://www.brianmmcclain.com/2012/05/02/using-bosh-with-vsphere-part-1/
    . The article mentions that a cluster is needed for bosh deployer to
    deploy microbosh stemcell. The current vsphere setup that I have does
    not have a cluster and instead the hosts are directly attached to the
    datacenter object. I think introducing a new cluster into vsphere will
    be a more disruptive idea.
    So my question is : Can BOSH deployer deploy microbosh stemcell onto a
    vsphere setup without a cluster in place?

    Thanks in advance
    Ankit

groupbosh-users @
postedJul 9, '12 at 12:41p