Hi...it appears I've successfully created a new stemcell for a new cloud
type and also have the basic pieces of a CPI ready. Now I'm trying to test
this end to end. The first question I have is what is the status of this:

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/issues/281

It seems this prevents me from deploying all jobs onto one CF vm which I'd
like to do to more easily test my end to end scenario. Is there a
workaround I can use?

Also, can I use the single new micro bosh stemcell I created for every VM
in the scenario, i.e. can I deploy my cf-release VM's using this same
stemcell or do I need to create one separately just for the cf-release?

Thanks!
Ethan

Search Discussions

  • Ferran Rodenas at Jul 22, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    Congrats on your new CPI!

    If you want to deploy all jobs onto one vm, you should adapt the job
    templates in cf-release and create a new dev-release. Right now, the only
    jobs that doesn't have properties are debian_nfs_server and postgres. Take
    a look at the nats jobs to see how properties are
    defined<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release/blob/master/jobs/nats/spec#L10>.
    I suggest you to deploy first just 1 template, and once this is working,
    adding more templates.

    I've never tried it, but I believe you can use the microbosh stemcell to
    deploy CF. There will be some unnecessary packages but it doesn't hurt.

    - Ferdy

    Hi...it appears I've successfully created a new stemcell for a new cloud
    type and also have the basic pieces of a CPI ready. Now I'm trying to test
    this end to end. The first question I have is what is the status of this:

    https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/issues/281

    It seems this prevents me from deploying all jobs onto one CF vm which I'd
    like to do to more easily test my end to end scenario. Is there a
    workaround I can use?

    Also, can I use the single new micro bosh stemcell I created for every VM
    in the scenario, i.e. can I deploy my cf-release VM's using this same
    stemcell or do I need to create one separately just for the cf-release?

    Thanks!
    Ethan
  • Dr Nic Williams at Jul 22, 2013 at 2:10 pm
    You could try bosh-cloudfoundry to deploy to your new CPI.

    Look in templates/v134 and copy aws or openstack folder and name it after your cpi (also edit the spec file).

    This will give you a default 4-VM deployment of cf-release (using collocation as Ferdy mentioned).
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
    Hi...it appears I've successfully created a new stemcell for a new cloud
    type and also have the basic pieces of a CPI ready. Now I'm trying to test
    this end to end. The first question I have is what is the status of this:
    https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/issues/281
    It seems this prevents me from deploying all jobs onto one CF vm which I'd
    like to do to more easily test my end to end scenario. Is there a
    workaround I can use?
    Also, can I use the single new micro bosh stemcell I created for every VM
    in the scenario, i.e. can I deploy my cf-release VM's using this same
    stemcell or do I need to create one separately just for the cf-release?
    Thanks!
    Ethan

groupbosh-dev @
postedJul 22, '13 at 11:16a