Dear bosh developers,

while reading up on the RSpec 3 plans for the future I discovered a
real gem (pun intended):
rspec-fire

It'll make it possible to assert that you only mock existing methods,
so when you remove a method from a class, your tests which use a
double to mock all methods will fail! Yaaaay!

Mr Peckham has already added it to bosh's Gemfile, so I recommend
y'all start reading up on how to rspec-fire, and make sure you use it
in your tests :)

Cheers,
/Martin
--
Martin Englund, martin@englund.nu
http://blog.codenursery.com/

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Jul 15, 2013 at 9:57 pm
    Awesome discovery. I have definitely mocked nonexistent methods before :)
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
    while reading up on the RSpec 3 plans for the future I discovered a
    real gem (pun intended):
    rspec-fire
    It'll make it possible to assert that you only mock existing methods,
    so when you remove a method from a class, your tests which use a
    double to mock all methods will fail! Yaaaay!
    Mr Peckham has already added it to bosh's Gemfile, so I recommend
    y'all start reading up on how to rspec-fire, and make sure you use it
    in your tests :)
    Cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, martin@englund.nu
    http://blog.codenursery.com/

groupbosh-dev @
postedJul 15, '13 at 9:02p
activeJul 15, '13 at 9:57p

Dr Nic Williams: 1 post Martin Englund: 1 post