Hi folks,
For an internal project, we are trying to create OpenStack BOSH Stemcells
on Ubuntu 12.04.
Are there any early versions of these stemcell we can use ?

If not, are there a set of instrucitons which we leverage to get started ?

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Jun 27, 2013 at 10:12 pm
    You can provide a $UBUNTU_ISO env var to describe which ISO to use for the
    chroot in stemcell_builder. Perhaps try overriding it to be a 12.04 ISO and
    fix the stemcell_builder stages as you go?
  • Gabrielle Sweda at Jun 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm
    Currently we only build and test Ubuntu 10.04. We have done some work to
    support CentOS but this is not ready for prime time yet.

    In the longer term 12.04 is on the radar, but it is not a current priority.
      We're anticipating a stemcell_builder rewrite to CentOS support working,
    and our goal it to make it easier to produce custom stemcells generally --
    including other ubuntu versions and other *nixes. I expect that is (at
    least) a few months out at this point.

    You can provide a $UBUNTU_ISO env var to describe which ISO to use for the
    chroot in stemcell_builder. Perhaps try overriding it to be a 12.04 ISO and
    fix the stemcell_builder stages as you go?

groupbosh-dev @
postedJun 27, '13 at 10:10p
activeJun 28, '13 at 3:33p