I'm writing up how the bosh_agent works, and using agent_client &
package_compiler for the hands-on tutorials.

Is "package_compiler apply" [1] used anywhere? Anyone using it?

There is also "package_compiler compile" [2] which is used within
stemcell_builder to pre-populate the microbosh & mcf filesystems with a
local blobstore of pre-compiled packages.

If "package_compiler apply" isn't being used then I might change its
arguments so the two commands tell a compelling story together.

[1]
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/blob/master/package_compiler/bin/package_compiler#L38-41
[2]
https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/blob/master/package_compiler/bin/package_compiler#L42-L47

--
Dr Nic Williams
http://drnicwilliams.com

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at May 31, 2013 at 11:39 pm
    Having started this conversation - I'm actually thinking that
    "package_compiler" could run & shutdown the local bosh_agent that it needs
    to do its thing; thus simplifying its usage. Currently it requires that an
    https bosh_agent is already running; but in the stemcell staging script,
    the agent is run, package_compiler is run, then the agent is shut down. So,
    perhaps package_compiler could start/stop the temporary agent itself.

[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at May 31, 2013 at 11:40 pm
    And package_compiler needs upgrading to support colocation of jobs.

    So, perhaps I'll just rewrite it from scratch :D

[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedMay 31, '13 at 11:35p
activeMay 31, '13 at 11:40p

1 user in discussion