What is the use case for the bosh-agent_1.0_amd64.deb & rake agent:upload
task?

Is it primarily for agent developers who want to play with it in a VM? Or
is it intended as a future way to distribute the agent into a VM without
requiring stemcell upgrades?

Nic

--
Dr Nic Williams
http://drnicwilliams.com

Search Discussions

  • Matthew Boedicker at May 28, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    The initial use case is to make development on the agent easier. It might be used for other things in the future. It will change slightly soon because we are changing it from a .deb to a gem.
    What is the use case for the bosh-agent_1.0_amd64.deb & rake agent:upload task?

    Is it primarily for agent developers who want to play with it in a VM? Or is it intended as a future way to distribute the agent into a VM without requiring stemcell upgrades?

    Nic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    http://starkandwayne.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
    twitter @drnic
  • Dr Nic Williams at May 28, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    bosh_agent already a gem; do you mean this gem or a "super-gem" of some
    sorts?

[...]

  • Matthew Boedicker at May 28, 2013 at 6:10 pm
    The same gem. We will just build the agent gem locally, send it up to the
    vm and them install it.

    On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Dr Nic Williams

    On May 28, 2013, at 9:18 AM, Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@gmail.com>