in bosh_agent, firstboot.sh includes:

rm /etc/resolv.conf
touch /etc/resolv.conf

I think this disables DNS. Which seems like a bad thing.

Why do we do this?

Nic

--
Dr Nic Williams
http://drnicwilliams.com

Search Discussions

  • Ferran Rodenas at May 27, 2013 at 9:01 pm
    I don't know the reason why it's removed at the first boot, but the
    resolv.conf will be managed automatically first by DHCP when you boot the
    image, and later by the bosh
    agent<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/blob/master/bosh_agent/lib/bosh_agent/platform/ubuntu/templates/dhclient_conf.erb#L24>when
    you deploy an spec.

    - Ferdy

    I think this disables DNS. Which seems like a bad thing.

    Why do we do this?

    Nic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    http://starkandwayne.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
    twitter @drnic

groupbosh-dev @
postedMay 27, '13 at 4:53p
activeMay 27, '13 at 9:01p

Ferran Rodenas: 1 post Dr Nic Williams: 1 post