A few weeks ago I asked if we could both move and consolidate our mailing
lists because of 1) How Google Group search is biased against groups
created within the context of Google Apps and 2) because it's hard for
people to know which list to check for what (sometimes).

There were only a few responses - but it seemed like people wanted to keep
things separate. One thing I am noticing, though, is that there are many
posts in bosh-dev that could go in bosh-users, and vice versa. I also see a
lot of cf-dev that are either better suited for, or naturally bleed into
bosh-dev.

Should we at least merge bosh-dev and bosh-users? Seems practical. The
number of Cloud Operators that are not at all concerned with the
architecture of BOSH, at least conceptually, seems like nil.

Sorry to be hung up on this one.

Matt

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Apr 11, 2013 at 8:44 pm
    I'd like bosh-dev to stay and for the actual bosh developers - notably the
    core team who work on it all day - to talk shop on it. Perhaps jenkins
    build failures go there too?

    We can educate people who cross-post (I've done it plenty of times, sorry).

    If the core bosh devs aren't going to write emails on the bosh-dev list; I
    guess it can be deleted; and we can just discuss user problems only on
    bosh-users :D

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com

    /M

    On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Dr Nic Williams
[...]

    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, Cloud Foundry, Pivotal
    "The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid enough."

    Anyway, that's what I think bosh-dev could be for. If the core team isn't
    ready to do that, then ok I understand, let's shut it down?

    Nic

    On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Matt Reider <mreider@cloudfoundry.org>
[...]

  • David Laing at Apr 12, 2013 at 11:04 am
    +1 for encouraging the core teams to talk shop & post build server
    notifications on the -dev lists.

    As an external person trying to participate in CF dev I often feel excluded
    - I can see the source code, but none of the "mechanics" around it; so I'm
    less guessing what the intentions of stuff is.

[...]

    Trading API @ City Index
    david@davidlaing.com
    http://davidlaing.com
    Twitter: @davidlaing
  • Matt Reider at Apr 12, 2013 at 1:28 pm
    Makes sense.

    During yesterday's retrospective we talked about this very issue - engineers having time to visit the google groups. We made a decision to allocate time especially for that purpose. Hopefully you will experience a difference in attentiveness as soon as next week.

    Sent from my iPhone
[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at Apr 12, 2013 at 2:33 pm
    Matt, perhaps another way to have this chat is to ask the core team what mailing lists they'd like so they can focus on the areas they love/care about (without finding themselves signed up to everything).

    For me, at the moment there isn't so much traffic that I can follow all of it. But I guess as it grows I might struggle.

    Hopefully at that point I've served my time on the "help people get started" roster and lots of slightly less new people will start helping even newer people. :)

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry
[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at Apr 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm
    Perhaps the core team wants a hipchat room or irc channel or something else. It's their club that we all want to be allowed to join; not our club that we wish they'd attend :)

    Once we do have one club, can we have club t-shirts? :)
    --
[...]

  • Ruben Koster at Apr 16, 2013 at 8:42 pm
    + 1 for T-shirts

    On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Matt Reider <mre...@rbcon.com<javascript:>

    On Apr 12, 2013, at 4:04 AM, David Laing <mrdavi...@gmail.com<javascript:>>

    On 11 April 2013 22:44, Dr Nic Williams <drnicw...@gmail.com<javascript:>

    On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Matt Reider <mre...@cloudfoundry.org<javascript:>

    da...@davidlaing.com <javascript:>
    http://davidlaing.com
    Twitter: @davidlaing
    --

    ------------------------------

    Have an innovative day

    *Innovation Factory *De Lairessestraat 180* *1075 HM Amsterdam* *+31
    20 7787008 www.innovationfactory.eu

    *
    Disclaimer*
    *The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
    material. Any use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
    delete the material from any computer. Innovation Factory does not accept
    liability for any errors, viruses or omissions in the contents of this
    message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission. No employee or
    agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of
    Innovation Factory with another party by email.*
  • Martin Englund at Apr 16, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    So who is up for designing a new bosh T-shirt? :)

    ________________________________

    Have an innovative day

    Innovation Factory De Lairessestraat 180 1075 HM Amsterdam +31 20
    7787008 www.innovationfactory.eu

    Disclaimer
    material. Any use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
    delete the material from any computer. Innovation Factory does not accept
    liability for any errors, viruses or omissions in the contents of this
    message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission. No employee or
    agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of
    Innovation Factory with another party by email.

    --
    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, Cloud Foundry, Pivotal
    "The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid enough."
  • Dr Nic Williams at Apr 16, 2013 at 10:23 pm
    Pick a yellow truck, put "BOSH" on it wherever it says Tonka :D

    https://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+tonka+trucks&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Ns9tUbSvNqGYyAGqt4HgAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1369&bih=779

[...]

  • Matt Reider at Apr 16, 2013 at 10:26 pm
    Would you wear this? :)

    http://i.imgur.com/8CHn6y9.png

    On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM, <ruben.koster@innovationfactory.eu>

    wrote:
[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at Apr 16, 2013 at 10:31 pm
    ALL THE LOGOS!

    wrote:
[...]

  • Matt Reider at Apr 16, 2013 at 10:34 pm
    All the logos... with rights to use none. :)

    wrote:
[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedApr 11, '13 at 8:37p
activeApr 16, '13 at 10:34p