Hi All,

DO we have any BOSH HTTP endpoints available to do all the deployment tasks
automatically instead of using BOSH CLI.

I need to write a new component which will allow me to add more DEAs to the
CF setup based on the DEAs Health status (which i can listen on the NATS
bus).

Or is there any other way to add more component to CF setup automatically.
As BOSH CLI will allow me to add the components manually.

Regards,
Dhruv Kapil

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Feb 4, 2013 at 4:52 pm
    If it helps, https://github.com/StarkAndWayne/bosh-cloudfoundry/ is being
    written to provide that high-level behavior ("add more DEAs, add another
    postgresql node").

    $ bosh cf change deas 1
    $ bosh cf deploy

    If you write a monitoring application to determine when you want another
    DEA, you could invoke those commands to make it happen.

    In time, I want to move away from it referencing server flavors for DEAs
    and move to a UI based around RAM only; and for the CLI to figure out what
    configuration of underlying servers/flavors you need.

    Also, I've made attempts to make bosh-cloudfoundry repo reusable outside of
    the bosh plugin use case. But its internals only has one use case (the bosh
    plugin) so it may not be perfect yet. If you want to help refactor it so
    that there is a nice reusable Ruby library within it, that'd be helpful to
    many people I'm certain.

    Nic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com

    Sure Dr. Nic, I will have a look at bosh-cloudfoundry. :)
    Could you please explain me what all it is capable of. what things are left
    in it? & how it is built upon the bosh plugin.

    I didn't get the below part you told in your last mail. could you please
    throw some light on it?
[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedFeb 4, '13 at 8:18a
activeFeb 5, '13 at 6:32a

Dhruv Kapil: 2 posts Dr Nic Williams: 1 post