I was looking at the agent_client subproject; then wondered who was using
it and only the package_compiler subproject uses it.

What is package_compiler for?

Should other subprojects (director) be re-using agent_client subproject?

Nic

--
Dr Nic Williams
http://drnicwilliams.com

Search Discussions

  • Martin Englund at Jan 30, 2013 at 6:48 am
    It is used to communicate with the agent using http instead of nats, which we do when we compile packages for micro bosh/cloud foundry

    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, Staff Engineer, Cloud Foundry, VMware Inc.
    "The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid enough."
    I was looking at the agent_client subproject; then wondered who was using it and only the package_compiler subproject uses it.

    What is package_compiler for?

    Should other subprojects (director) be re-using agent_client subproject?

    Nic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
  • Matthew Boedicker at Jan 30, 2013 at 6:54 am
    agent_client is also used by the backend of the Micro Cloud Foundry
    API any time it needs to talk to the bosh agent. If I remember right
    It's a thin wrapper and just sends the same payload over HTTP to
    /agent instead of NATS.
    It is used to communicate with the agent using http instead of nats, which
    we do when we compile packages for micro bosh/cloud foundry

    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, Staff Engineer, Cloud Foundry, VMware Inc.
    "The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid enough."

    I was looking at the agent_client subproject; then wondered who was using it
    and only the package_compiler subproject uses it.

    What is package_compiler for?

    Should other subprojects (director) be re-using agent_client subproject?

    Nic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
  • Dr Nic Williams at Jan 30, 2013 at 6:57 am
    Thanks guys.

    Spending my night writing up some readme docs for bosh_agent.

[...]

  • Martin Englund at Jan 30, 2013 at 6:59 am
    I thought you were out fighting crime at night? :)

    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at Jan 30, 2013 at 7:00 am
    Lack of docs is a white collar crime. ;)

    On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Martin Englund <menglund@rbcon.com>
[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedJan 30, '13 at 6:29a
activeJan 30, '13 at 7:00a