Can someone point me to some updated docs on how to create a cloud cpi?

I'm looking at Dr Nic's docs here but I'm not sure these are up to date and
they don't show how to create a stemcell.

https://github.com/drnic/bosh-getting-started/tree/master/create-a-bosh

Ideally, I'd like step-by-step instructions for making changes to the
existing aws cpi, building and installing on aws in as few steps as
possible since I anticipate several iterations :)

Thanks,
Shane

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Dec 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm
    I'm rewriting the instructions for getting started, to include a nice tool
    that automates a lot of the work. That way its a short tutorial rather than
    a long one :) It'll also condense the multiple tutorials on getting
    started down into one tutorial!

    There's a small bug in my shiny tool for AWS which I'll try to fix asap so
    I can release it.

    Nic

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com

    On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com<javascript:>
    Can someone point me to some updated docs on how to create a cloud cpi?

    I'm looking at Dr Nic's docs here but I'm not sure these are up to date
    and they don't show how to create a stemcell.

    https://github.com/drnic/bosh-getting-started/tree/master/create-a-bosh

    Ideally, I'd like step-by-step instructions for making changes to the
    existing aws cpi, building and installing on aws in as few steps as
    possible since I anticipate several iterations :)

    Thanks,
    Shane

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
  • Dr Nic Williams at Dec 6, 2012 at 1:09 am
    Started the custom ssh key path support. Hopefully finish tonight/tomrrow.

    create-a-bosh<https://github.com/drnic/bosh-getting-started/tree/master/create-a-bosh>

    Ideally, I'd like step-by-step instructions for making changes to the
    existing aws cpi, building and installing on aws in as few steps as
    possible since I anticipate several iterations :)

    Thanks,
    Shane

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
  • Noelle Jakusz at May 17, 2013 at 11:59 am
    Hi!! Did this get done? Where might I find it, or help with it? :)

    Thanks!
    Started the custom ssh key path support. Hopefully finish tonight/tomrrow.

    On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Noelle Jakusz at May 17, 2013 at 11:55 am
    After a second of looking around I found it :)
    https://github.com/drnic/bosh-getting-started/<https://github.com/drnic/bosh-getting-started/blob/master/create-a-bosh/creating-a-micro-bosh-from-stemcell.md>

[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at May 17, 2013 at 5:14 pm
    Ooh, I wouldn't trust those docs anymore. I'm trying to finish
    bosh-bootstrap v2 asap.

    Progress is in
    https://github.com/StarkAndWayne/bosh-bootstrap/tree/local-only

    I'll announce it as soon as AWS support works (then finish the OpenStack
    after that; then add vSphere)

[...]

    http://starkandwayne.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
    twitter @drnic
  • Dr Nic Williams at May 17, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    And somewhere in the middle, support VPC (possibly using some/all of the
    existing cloudfoundry bootstrap work to create the VPC networking)

    On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Dr Nic Williams

groupbosh-dev @
postedDec 4, '12 at 2:19p
activeMay 17, '13 at 5:15p