I have a few questions about scripts in BOSH.The scripts are under the
following repositories:

1. bosh/agent/misc/stemcell/instance/prepare_instance.sh
2. bosh/release/template/instance/prepare_instance.sh
3. bosh/agent/misc/aws/ and bosh/aws/scripts

VMs created from the stemcell runs the 1st script first to do some
preparation work just like what we do in the inception VM.Then what is the
2nd script for?For the 3rd script, Why EC2 has these special scripts?
So when BOSH start a VM, what script does the agent run indeed? Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Martin Englund at Dec 5, 2012 at 1:33 am
    Alan,

    1) is the script that sets up the stemcell
    2) is an old script of how we used to deploy bosh
    3) this is a script we use to create and publish EC2 AMIs from a micro
    bosh stemcell

    /M

    --
    cheers,
    /Martin

    在 2012年12月5日星期三UTC+8上午9时33分33秒,Martin Englund写道:

    On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Alan Sun <alan...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    I have a few questions about scripts in BOSH.The scripts are under the
    following repositories:

    bosh/agent/misc/stemcell/instance/prepare_instance.sh
    bosh/release/template/instance/prepare_instance.sh
    bosh/agent/misc/aws/ and bosh/aws/scripts

    VMs created from the stemcell runs the 1st script first to do some
    preparation work just like what we do in the inception VM.Then what is the
    2nd script for?For the 3rd script, Why EC2 has these special scripts?
    So when BOSH start a VM, what script does the agent run indeed? Thanks!

    --
    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, Staff Engineer, Cloud Foundry, VMware Inc.
    "The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid
    enough."

groupbosh-dev @
postedDec 3, '12 at 9:12a
activeDec 5, '12 at 8:17a

Alan Sun: 2 posts Martin Englund: 1 post