I know there were plans a few months back to release a new public micro
stemcell to fix some of the issues with Distributed Network Switches in
vSphere, is there any word when this might happen?

The output I get when attempting to deploy Micro BOSH to vSphere is as
follows...

$ bosh micro deploy ../stemcells/micro-bosh-stemcell-0.1.0.tgz
Deploying new micro BOSH instance `emtech01/micro_bosh.yml' to `micro'
(type 'yes' to continue): yes

Verifying stemcell...
File exists and readable OK
Using cached manifest...
Stemcell properties OK

Stemcell info
-------------
Name: bosh-stemcell
Version: 0.5.1

Deploy Micro BOSH
unpacking stemcell (00:00:05)

Uploading stemcell |o | 1/11 00:00:13 ETA:
00:00:51BOSH CLI Error: Field spec is not optional

I reinstalled my bosh gems today, and I'm still hitting the usual "Field
spec is not optional" with the following gems...

$ gem list bosh

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

bosh_aws_cpi (0.6.0)
bosh_aws_registry (0.2.1)
bosh_cli (0.19.5, 0.15.4)
bosh_common (0.5.0, 0.4.0)
bosh_cpi (0.4.3, 0.4.2)
bosh_deployer (0.4.0)
bosh_encryption (0.0.3)
bosh_openstack_cpi (0.0.2)
bosh_openstack_registry (0.0.1)
bosh_vsphere_cpi (0.4.9)

$ gem list ruby_vim_sdk

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

ruby_vim_sdk (0.0.2)

And my .bosh_error file shows the error is being thrown
in ruby_vim_sdk-0.0.2/lib/ruby_vim_sdk/soap/serializer.rb:39:in `serialize'

This is the error I was facing a few months ago, and Doug provided a
workaround, which I'll reapply to this install, but I was curious if there
were still plans for a new vSphere Micro Stemcell

Thanks
Brian McClain
@brianmmcclain

Search Discussions

  • Vadim Spivak at Aug 3, 2012 at 9:00 pm
    We should be releasing new stemcells next week which will include the micro
    bosh ones as well.

    -Vadim
[...]

  • Brian McClain at Aug 3, 2012 at 10:35 pm
    Once again my patience gets the best of me ;)

    Thanks for the quick response!

    Brian McClain

[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedAug 3, '12 at 8:59p
activeAug 3, '12 at 10:35p

Brian McClain: 2 posts Vadim Spivak: 1 post