Dear Bosh developpers,

On behalf of CompatibleOne project (http://compatibleone.org/), we'd
like to share some thougts with you guys.

CompatibleOne (CO) is an open source cloud services broker i.e. a
cloud service management software with brokering capabilities. CO can
provision, deploy and manage any type of cloud services, these
services being provided by heterogeneous service providers selected
according to SLA. CO can also federate heterogeneous resources and
integrate seamlessly various cloud services.

We have recently planned to work on a stack including CloudFoundry to
deploy it on any IAAS i.e. OpenStack, OpenNebula, CloudStack, Vcloud,
Azure, etc.
Looking to CloudFoundry we identified Bosh as a project with which We
share similar concepts and objectives.
So we would be interested in collaboration in order to include Bosh in
the list of technologies we would like to interoperate with.

Our expectation is simple: CompatibleOne team would be interested in
creating a PROCCI (proxy OCCI compliant) / CPI to interoperate with
Bosh.
This would enable both platforms to benefit from what they doing well
and to enrich CO and Bosh with new Manifests.
This would also enable to have a kind of interoperable Ruby business
stack (we discussed this with OCCI people and they like the idea).

Actually what we would like is to exchange with Bosh developpers to
position correctly both technologies and how they could collaborate.

What do you think about this?

Best wishes,

Jean-Pierre Laisne and Jamie Marshall.

Search Discussions

  • Andy Edmonds at Jun 28, 2012 at 8:51 am
    Hey Jean-Pierre and Jamie!

    You probably know already that we in the ICCLab have begun work on an
    OCCI BOSH CPI [1]. Using this, BOSH could provision stem-cells using
    the OCCI API via the OCCI PROCCI. I'm guessing that this CPI only
    forms part of the picture you envisage and that part of your question
    lies in how to initially deploy the BOSH platform using CO?

    Andy

    [1] https://github.com/dizz/occi-bosh-cpi
[...]

  • JPL at Jun 28, 2012 at 4:16 pm
    Hey Andy!

    We know there is some good work in progress on your side
    And you're right we d'like to see if we could create a PROCCI to
    provision and deploy BOSH. There would be an interesting cascade of
    automation to work on. Plus we would learn from Bosh how to deal with
    other issues such as deploying CloudFoundry etc.
    Does that make sense for you?

    JPL.
[...]

  • Andy Edmonds at Jul 2, 2012 at 8:08 am
    Sure does :-) Let me know if I can be of any help.

    Andy
    andy.edmonds.be

[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedJun 27, '12 at 8:08a
activeJul 2, '12 at 8:08a

JPL: 2 posts Andy Edmonds: 1 post Andy Edmonds: 1 post