So I have been updating the code and have successfully created a
number of micro bosh instances on aws (as well as updating) but I have
yet to get a deployment to occur successfully through the micro bosh
created. Looking at the box I see that the aws_registry is not being
added to the packages (under /var/vcap/packages) so there is no way
for the other agents to communicate back with the bosh instance. The
bosh-release that I created and the aws_micro.yml deployment specified
both contain the correct aws_registry package and definition. Has
anyone else run into this problem or know what I might be missing as a
step to get the aws_registry up and running?

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Mike Wright at Jun 18, 2012 at 6:36 pm
    So after a bit of digging I have a little more info on what it going
    on.

    In the apply_spec.xml that is copied over I see that the aws_registry
    is defined correctly
    aws_registry:
    address: 127.0.0.1
    http:
    port: 25777
    user: admin-paas
    password: admin-paas
    db:
    database: postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost/bosh
    max_connections: 32
    pool_timeout: 10
    aws:
    max_retries: 2

    However, it seems that the packages property it creates and adds the
    shas at the bottom doesn't include the aws_registry one.

    I do see that the package compiler is the one generating this (I
    believe).
    So I have been updating the code and have successfully created a
    number of micro bosh instances on aws (as well as updating) but I have
    yet to get a deployment to occur successfully through the micro bosh
    created.  Looking at the box I see that the aws_registry is not being
    added to the packages (under /var/vcap/packages) so there is no way
    for the other agents to communicate back with the bosh instance.  The
    bosh-release that I created and the aws_micro.yml deployment specified
    both contain the correct aws_registry package and definition.  Has
    anyone else run into this problem or know what I might be missing as a
    step to get the aws_registry up and running?

    Thanks!
  • Mike Wright at Jun 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm
    Ok.... so I have made some more progress (and I know that no one has
    responded, but hopefully this can be useful to someone else too) and
    am now able to create and deploy the micro bosh with a running
    aws_registry service. The main problem was that the bosh-release
    that is checked in has a micro job specified (that is used by the
    package_compiler) and this job did not add the aws_registry to that
    micro job so it was ignored.
[...]

  • Vadim Spivak at Jun 19, 2012 at 9:31 pm
    I believe Martin is working on this, unfortunately he's been under the
    weather. I think his plan was to create two different micro jobs, one with
    the aws_registry and one without.

    -Vadim
[...]

  • Mike Wright at Jun 19, 2012 at 10:27 pm
    Great thanks for the heads up Vadim.
[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedJun 18, '12 at 5:23p
activeJun 19, '12 at 10:27p

Mike Wright: 4 posts Vadim Spivak: 1 post