So I am using the latest stemcell creation code but am running into a
problem where the sudo command is requesting a password (and the dd
command with sudo is running without tty so it fails). Is there a
patch out there that already fixes this issue? Or does someone know
which step in the creation process I should be looking for this?

Search Discussions

  • Martin Englund at Jun 15, 2012 at 3:56 pm
    Brian,
    So I am using the latest stemcell creation code but am running into a
    problem where the sudo command is requesting a password (and the dd
    command with sudo is running without tty so it fails).  Is there a
    patch out there that already fixes this issue?  Or does someone know
    which step in the creation process I should be looking for this?
    just to be clear - are you running the stuff in agent/misc/stemcell/build2 ?

    cheers,
    /Martin
    --
    Martin Englund, Staff Engineer, Cloud Foundry, VMware Inc.
    "The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid enough."

    /M
[...]

  • Mike Wright at Jun 15, 2012 at 4:09 pm
    No, at this point I am using the regular stemcell (not stemcell2).

    I was going the stemcell2 route for a while, but ran into an issue
    with the deploy not working since it used a raw.img instead of a
    root.img in the generated stemcell.
[...]
  • Martin Englund at Jun 15, 2012 at 4:35 pm
    Ok, then make sure you have this commit in your bosh-release repo:
    https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh-release/commit/5082d777d0231816d5c0585f3c5241b805704e67

    and this in your bosh repo:
    https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/commit/1cc4d0cd7cf7433e104cb7e25c31a43e8056e908

[...]

  • Mike Wright at Jun 15, 2012 at 4:54 pm
    Perfect, thanks as always Martin.
[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedJun 15, '12 at 2:57p
activeJun 15, '12 at 4:54p

Martin Englund: 3 posts Mike Wright: 3 posts