Mike,

you also need this change:
http://reviews.cloudfoundry.org/#/c/6088/

the git error messages are actually harmless!

/M
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
I have been attempting to create a micro bosh stemcell for aws using
the documentation provided here <https://github.com/cloudfoundry/oss-
docs/blob/master/bosh/documentation/documentation.md#building-your-own-
micro-bosh-stemcell-for-aws>

I started by applying patch 5791 <http://reviews.cloudfoundry.org/#/c/
5791/>

When running

rake stemcell:micro[micro_bosh:aws,aws_micro.yml,bosh-2.1-
dev.tgz,chroot-aws.tgz]

after the initial phase that installs "genisoimage libpq-dev libpq5" I
get a message that is below saying the git is not found.

Setting up libpq-dev (8.4.11-0ubuntu0.10.04) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
sh: git: not found
sh: git: not found
sh: git: not found
sh: git: not found
sh: git: not found
sh: git: not found
sh: git: not found
sh: git: not found
Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/

I solved the initial git missing problem by adding git-core to
"30_micro_bosh.sh (line ~45)"
run_in_chroot $target "apt-get install -y --force-yes --no-install-
recommends libpq-dev genisoimage git-core"

However on the subsequent run the error is that the directory is not a
git directory.

I have looked into both configure_micro_bosh.sh and the
package_compiler, and I can't find the call that is doing the git
command.  Does anyone know where this command is at or what might be
wrong with with my setup?

--
cheers,
/Martin

Search Discussions

  • Mike Wright at Jun 5, 2012 at 7:51 pm
    Wonderful, I will apply this other patch and go from there.

    Thanks!
[...]

groupbosh-dev @
postedJun 4, '12 at 9:46p
activeJun 5, '12 at 7:51p

Martin Englund: 1 post Mike Wright: 1 post