FAQ
Hi,
I am creating an external table in Hive on Hbase.
It works fine.

But when i try to access the same table in Impala. I get the following
error:
#impala-shell -i localhost -r
Query: Select * from hbase_hive_table_1
ERROR: AnalysisException: Failed to load metadata for table:
default.hbase_hive_table_1
CAUSED BY: TableLoadingException: Failed to load metadata for HBase table:

hbase_hive_table_1
CAUSED BY: IndexOutOfBoundException: Index: 1, Size: 1

Other tables which are in Hive, i am able to query.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Puneetha

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to scm-users+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.

Search Discussions

  • Darren Lo at Sep 8, 2013 at 9:25 pm
    Did you run the invalidate metadata command? Impala keeps a cache of hive
    tables, and you need to refresh it manually on every ImpalaD node (or
    restart impala).

    Thanks,
    Darren

    On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM, wrote:

    Hi,
    I am creating an external table in Hive on Hbase.
    It works fine.

    But when i try to access the same table in Impala. I get the following
    error:
    #impala-shell -i localhost -r
    Query: Select * from hbase_hive_table_1
    ERROR: AnalysisException: Failed to load metadata for table:
    default.hbase_hive_table_1
    CAUSED BY: TableLoadingException: Failed to load metadata for HBase table:

    hbase_hive_table_1
    CAUSED BY: IndexOutOfBoundException: Index: 1, Size: 1

    Other tables which are in Hive, i am able to query.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Puneetha

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to scm-users+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.


    --
    Thanks,
    Darren

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to scm-users+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.
  • Puneethabm at Sep 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
    Hi Darren,
    First i ran the below command in Impala:
    invalidate metadata;

    It didnt work, so i restarted impala, then restarted the whole cluster.

    All this was done.
    Any clue?..Am I missing something?

    Thanks,
    Puneetha
    On Monday, September 9, 2013 2:55:58 AM UTC+5:30, Darren Lo wrote:

    Did you run the invalidate metadata command? Impala keeps a cache of hive
    tables, and you need to refresh it manually on every ImpalaD node (or
    restart impala).

    Thanks,
    Darren

    On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM, <punee...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:

    Hi,
    I am creating an external table in Hive on Hbase.
    It works fine.

    But when i try to access the same table in Impala. I get the following
    error:
    #impala-shell -i localhost -r
    Query: Select * from hbase_hive_table_1
    ERROR: AnalysisException: Failed to load metadata for table:
    default.hbase_hive_table_1
    CAUSED BY: TableLoadingException: Failed to load metadata for HBase
    table:

    hbase_hive_table_1
    CAUSED BY: IndexOutOfBoundException: Index: 1, Size: 1

    Other tables which are in Hive, i am able to query.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Puneetha

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to scm-users+...@cloudera.org <javascript:>.


    --
    Thanks,
    Darren
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to scm-users+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.
  • Darren Lo at Sep 9, 2013 at 3:45 pm
    impala-user will probably offer better advise, since this doesn't seem
    CM-related. Moving to impala-user@cloudera.org (bcc scm-users)

    On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:14 AM, wrote:


    Hi Darren,
    First i ran the below command in Impala:
    invalidate metadata;

    It didnt work, so i restarted impala, then restarted the whole cluster.

    All this was done.
    Any clue?..Am I missing something?

    Thanks,
    Puneetha
    On Monday, September 9, 2013 2:55:58 AM UTC+5:30, Darren Lo wrote:

    Did you run the invalidate metadata command? Impala keeps a cache of hive
    tables, and you need to refresh it manually on every ImpalaD node (or
    restart impala).

    Thanks,
    Darren

    On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM, wrote:

    Hi,
    I am creating an external table in Hive on Hbase.
    It works fine.

    But when i try to access the same table in Impala. I get the following
    error:
    #impala-shell -i localhost -r
    Query: Select * from hbase_hive_table_1
    ERROR: AnalysisException: Failed to load metadata for table:
    default.hbase_hive_table_1
    CAUSED BY: TableLoadingException: Failed to load metadata for HBase
    table:

    hbase_hive_table_1
    CAUSED BY: IndexOutOfBoundException: Index: 1, Size: 1

    Other tables which are in Hive, i am able to query.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Puneetha

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
    an email to scm-users+...@**cloudera.org.


    --
    Thanks,
    Darren
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to scm-users+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.


    --
    Thanks,
    Darren

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to scm-users+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupscm-users @
categorieshadoop
postedSep 8, '13 at 7:40a
activeSep 9, '13 at 3:45p
posts4
users2
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Darren Lo: 2 posts Puneethabm: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase