FAQ
Moving to scm-users@
(bcc: cdh-user@)
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Nicolas Maillard wrote:

Hi everyone

I have updated all the current hosts in the cloudera manager web interface
and then tried to add a host.
The add fails on :
cloudera-manager-agent must have Version=4.5.0 and Build=241

however I checked my other hosts are now on a build 243 for
cloudera-manager.
As well when I try to refresh or update the already added hosts in the web
interface they now fail on the same error.

What Am I doing wrong?

--


Search Discussions

  • Adam Smieszny at Mar 4, 2013 at 8:02 pm
    Hi Nicolas,

    Please validate that your Cloudera Manager Server is on build 243 -
    on the SCM server, run
    yum info cloudera-manager-server


    If it is on build 243, then run a "service cloudera-scm-server restart"

    Then run the host upgrade again please

    Thanks,
    Adam

    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mark Grover wrote:

    Moving to scm-users@
    (bcc: cdh-user@)


    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Nicolas Maillard <
    nicolas.maillard@fifty-five.com> wrote:
    Hi everyone

    I have updated all the current hosts in the cloudera manager web
    interface and then tried to add a host.
    The add fails on :
    cloudera-manager-agent must have Version=4.5.0 and Build=241

    however I checked my other hosts are now on a build 243 for
    cloudera-manager.
    As well when I try to refresh or update the already added hosts in the
    web interface they now fail on the same error.

    What Am I doing wrong?

    --



    --
    Adam Smieszny
    Cloudera | Systems Engineer | http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamsmieszny
    917.830.4156
  • Nicolas Maillard at Mar 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Hi Adam

    Thanks for the help.
    My Cloudera manager is effectively on build 243.
    I restarded the server with cloudera-scm-server restart and hist integrity
    check worked fine.
    I was also able to add my new host.

    However I am now trying to add this new host as a datanode for my hdfs
    service.
    When I go to the hdfs service tab and click th add button my twio previous
    hosts appear but I not the new one.
    Hence I can't add as a new datanode for this service.

    In cloudera manager 4.5 do I need to do anything else prior to adding this
    host to the hdfs cluster.
    I have ran the host check and they respon correctly.
    I have checked my firewall and all porst are open between all 3 hosts.
    Am I missing something else.

    regards

    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Adam Smieszny wrote:

    Hi Nicolas,

    Please validate that your Cloudera Manager Server is on build 243 -
    on the SCM server, run
    yum info cloudera-manager-server


    If it is on build 243, then run a "service cloudera-scm-server restart"

    Then run the host upgrade again please

    Thanks,
    Adam

    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mark Grover wrote:

    Moving to scm-users@
    (bcc: cdh-user@)


    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Nicolas Maillard <
    nicolas.maillard@fifty-five.com> wrote:
    Hi everyone

    I have updated all the current hosts in the cloudera manager web
    interface and then tried to add a host.
    The add fails on :
    cloudera-manager-agent must have Version=4.5.0 and Build=241

    however I checked my other hosts are now on a build 243 for
    cloudera-manager.
    As well when I try to refresh or update the already added hosts in the
    web interface they now fail on the same error.

    What Am I doing wrong?

    --



    --
    Adam Smieszny
    Cloudera | Systems Engineer | http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamsmieszny
    917.830.4156
  • Herman Chen at Mar 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm
    Hi Nicolas

    The new host must be part of the cluster for roles to be assigned to
    it. You can verify that by going to the Hosts tab and look at the
    Cluster column. If it is blank that means the host does not belong to
    any cluster. You can start the "Add New Hosts to Cluster" wizard, and
    there should be a "Currently Managed Hosts" tab where you can find the
    new host and add it to the cluster. Then you should be able to assign
    datanode roles to it.

    Herman

    On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:50 AM, Nicolas Maillard
    wrote:
    Hi Adam

    Thanks for the help.
    My Cloudera manager is effectively on build 243.
    I restarded the server with cloudera-scm-server restart and hist integrity
    check worked fine.
    I was also able to add my new host.

    However I am now trying to add this new host as a datanode for my hdfs
    service.
    When I go to the hdfs service tab and click th add button my twio previous
    hosts appear but I not the new one.
    Hence I can't add as a new datanode for this service.

    In cloudera manager 4.5 do I need to do anything else prior to adding this
    host to the hdfs cluster.
    I have ran the host check and they respon correctly.
    I have checked my firewall and all porst are open between all 3 hosts.
    Am I missing something else.

    regards

    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Adam Smieszny wrote:

    Hi Nicolas,

    Please validate that your Cloudera Manager Server is on build 243 -
    on the SCM server, run
    yum info cloudera-manager-server


    If it is on build 243, then run a "service cloudera-scm-server restart"

    Then run the host upgrade again please

    Thanks,
    Adam

    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mark Grover wrote:

    Moving to scm-users@
    (bcc: cdh-user@)


    On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Nicolas Maillard
    wrote:
    Hi everyone

    I have updated all the current hosts in the cloudera manager web
    interface and then tried to add a host.
    The add fails on :
    cloudera-manager-agent must have Version=4.5.0 and Build=241

    however I checked my other hosts are now on a build 243 for
    cloudera-manager.
    As well when I try to refresh or update the already added hosts in the
    web interface they now fail on the same error.

    What Am I doing wrong?

    --



    --
    Adam Smieszny
    Cloudera | Systems Engineer | http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamsmieszny
    917.830.4156

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupscm-users @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 4, '13 at 6:02p
activeMar 5, '13 at 6:30p
posts4
users4
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase