*Hello CDH, Impala and Cloudera Manager Users,*
I am pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.2)
and Cloudera Manager 4.1.1. These are both enhancement releases to make bug
fixes available quickly. Key enhancements in each release are:
Cloudera Impala Beta (version 0.2)
- Bug fixes
- Impala Beta will be regularly updated with features, bug fixes, and
performance enhancements. We will typically release such updates every 2
weeks. Please check the release notes to find out what's
Cloudera Manager 4.1.1
- Tarballs for installing Cloudera
- Bug fixes
- Detailed release
- Download CM
to CM 4.1.1<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/ENT41DOC/Upgrade+from+Cloudera+Manager+4+to+the+Latest+Cloudera+Manager+4>
As a reminder, here is how you can get started with Impala:
- Use Cloudera Manager 4.1.x to deploy Impala. Documentation can be
- To manually install Impala, access the download of
install Impala and try it out. Please note that you need to have CDH 4.1.x
installed on RHEL/CentOS 6.2.
- Access the demo
Impala. The VM includes instructions that show you the power of
- E-learning course on "An Introduction To
- Access the Impala source code at: https://github.com/cloudera/impala.
- Download and review the Impala
Once you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback. We have the
following mechanisms set up to do this:
- An Impala user
been set up. Please use this to ask questions and provide feedback.
- An Impala Jira project <https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA> has
been set up. Feature requests and bug reports are welcome.