FAQ
Hi,

I was able launch cloudera manager 4.1 for our cluster deployment.
And when I try to change settings in Cloudera Manager Administration
console. I am seeing the following error. please let me know how can I
get rid off it..

"Settings marked * will not take effect until after the Cloudera
Manager Server has restarted."

I tried to restart cloudera-scm-server. but still it showing same. is
this something we need to consider.

Because I did not see it in my test installation where I installed
cloudera Manager 4.0

Attached Screen Shot for youe ref-

thanks,
Chittu

Search Discussions

  • Philip Zeyliger at Nov 12, 2012 at 5:45 am
    Hi Chittu,

    That's not an error. It's more like a "legend" explaining that certain
    settings (not the one on your screenshot) would require a restart if they
    were changed. Our apologies that this seems confusing.

    -- Philip
    On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, wrote:

    Hi,

    I was able launch cloudera manager 4.1 for our cluster deployment.
    And when I try to change settings in Cloudera Manager Administration
    console. I am seeing the following error. please let me know how can I
    get rid off it..

    "Settings marked * will not take effect until after the Cloudera
    Manager Server has restarted."

    I tried to restart cloudera-scm-server. but still it showing same. is
    this something we need to consider.

    Because I did not see it in my test installation where I installed
    cloudera Manager 4.0

    Attached Screen Shot for youe ref-

    thanks,
    Chittu
  • Chittu546 at Nov 12, 2012 at 3:06 pm
    Thank you Philip..

    While I configuring external Mysql Database for Cloudera Manager.. I
    am getting the following error. Please help me on this..

    Verifying that we can write to /etc/cloudera-scm-server
    log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.A
    log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "A".
    Creating SCM configuration file in /etc/cloudera-scm-server
    Executing: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java -cp
    /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/cmf/schema/../lib/*
    com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor
    /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties com.cloudera.cmf.db.
    log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.A
    log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "A".
    [2012-11-11 18:01:48,418] INFO 0[main] -
    com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor.testDbConnection(DbCommandExecutor.java:231)
    - Successfully connected to database.
    All done, your SCM database is configured correctly

    Thanks,
    Chittu
    On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Philip Zeyliger wrote:
    Hi Chittu,

    That's not an error. It's more like a "legend" explaining that certain
    settings (not the one on your screenshot) would require a restart if they
    were changed. Our apologies that this seems confusing.

    -- Philip

    On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, wrote:

    Hi,

    I was able launch cloudera manager 4.1 for our cluster deployment.
    And when I try to change settings in Cloudera Manager Administration
    console. I am seeing the following error. please let me know how can I
    get rid off it..

    "Settings marked * will not take effect until after the Cloudera
    Manager Server has restarted."

    I tried to restart cloudera-scm-server. but still it showing same. is
    this something we need to consider.

    Because I did not see it in my test installation where I installed
    cloudera Manager 4.0

    Attached Screen Shot for youe ref-

    thanks,
    Chittu
  • Vikas Singh at Nov 12, 2012 at 6:15 pm
    The log4j errors can be ignored. It seems like the db script completed
    successfully. Are you running into any db related issue when you start CM
    using this database?

    Vikas
    On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM, wrote:

    Thank you Philip..

    While I configuring external Mysql Database for Cloudera Manager.. I
    am getting the following error. Please help me on this..

    Verifying that we can write to /etc/cloudera-scm-server
    log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.A
    log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "A".
    Creating SCM configuration file in /etc/cloudera-scm-server
    Executing: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java -cp
    /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/share/cmf/schema/../lib/*
    com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor
    /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties com.cloudera.cmf.db.
    log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.A
    log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "A".
    [2012-11-11 18:01:48,418] INFO 0[main] -

    com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.DbCommandExecutor.testDbConnection(DbCommandExecutor.java:231)
    - Successfully connected to database.
    All done, your SCM database is configured correctly

    Thanks,
    Chittu
    On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Philip Zeyliger wrote:
    Hi Chittu,

    That's not an error. It's more like a "legend" explaining that certain
    settings (not the one on your screenshot) would require a restart if they
    were changed. Our apologies that this seems confusing.

    -- Philip

    On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, wrote:

    Hi,

    I was able launch cloudera manager 4.1 for our cluster deployment.
    And when I try to change settings in Cloudera Manager Administration
    console. I am seeing the following error. please let me know how can I
    get rid off it..

    "Settings marked * will not take effect until after the Cloudera
    Manager Server has restarted."

    I tried to restart cloudera-scm-server. but still it showing same. is
    this something we need to consider.

    Because I did not see it in my test installation where I installed
    cloudera Manager 4.0

    Attached Screen Shot for youe ref-

    thanks,
    Chittu

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupscm-users @
categorieshadoop
postedNov 12, '12 at 3:09a
activeNov 12, '12 at 6:15p
posts4
users3
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase