In your page, on configuring Impala to work with JDBC you have a link to a
zip file containing the JDBC driver and other required components.

it is at: https://downloads.cloudera.com/impala-jdbc/impala-jdbc-0.5-2.zip

I'm wondering if this zip file has been updated because when I try getting
a JDBC connection without authorization everything works fine. But when
trying with authorization, I get an exception. If there is an updated zip
with all the necessary jars, can you post a pointer or update your page?

Here is what happened:

Connecting to database...
org/apache/hadoop/hive/shims/ShimLoader
at
org.apache.hive.service.auth.KerberosSaslHelper.getKerberosTransport(KerberosSaslHelper.java:69)
at
org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openTransport(HiveConnection.java:134)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.(HiveDriver.java:104)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:615)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:195)
at
com.zettaset.impala.jdbc.QueryTheImpalaDBAuth.main(QueryTheImpalaDBAuth.java:31)
at
at
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:134)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.ShimLoader
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
... 12 more

  • Matthew Jacobs at May 29, 2014 at 12:37 am
    We do not provide a zip of the Hive jdbc and dependent jars for all
    versions, we had just provided that zip as a one-off release because
    the CDH version wasn't released yet. jdbc is part of hive, so you
    should get the jdbc and relevant jars from Hive. See the documentation
    about installing the hive-jdbc package:
    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH5/latest/CDH5-Installation-Guide/cdh5ig_hive_jdbc_install.html

    Best,
    Matt
    In your page, on configuring Impala to work with JDBC you have a link to a
    zip file containing the JDBC driver and other required components.

    it is at: https://downloads.cloudera.com/impala-jdbc/impala-jdbc-0.5-2.zip

    I'm wondering if this zip file has been updated because when I try getting a
    JDBC connection without authorization everything works fine. But when trying
    with authorization, I get an exception. If there is an updated zip with all
    the necessary jars, can you post a pointer or update your page?

    Here is what happened:

    Connecting to database...
    org/apache/hadoop/hive/shims/ShimLoader
    at
    org.apache.hive.service.auth.KerberosSaslHelper.getKerberosTransport(KerberosSaslHelper.java:69)
    at
    org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openTransport(HiveConnection.java:134)
    at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:96)
    at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:104)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:615)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:195)
    at
    com.zettaset.impala.jdbc.QueryTheImpalaDBAuth.main(QueryTheImpalaDBAuth.java:31)
    at
    at
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:134)
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.ShimLoader
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    ... 12 more

  • Art L at Jun 3, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    Thanks for the quick response Matthew, I'll look for them when I get a
    chance.