We have a custom ETL tool which can write Parquet files directly to hdfs.
Given an directory of Parquet files (all parts of the same table), how do I
create an Impala table from these files? I cannot find the syntax in the
Cloudera docs.

Also when new files arrive in the hdfs folder, how can we refresh the table
so the new rows are picked up?

Thanks

Chas

  • Alan Choi at Mar 13, 2014 at 8:16 pm
    Hi Chas,

    Here's the link to our doc on CREATE TABLE. You can also find how to
    refresh a table metadata there.

    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_langref_sql.html?scroll=create_table_unique_1

    You can create an external table pointing to a particular location.

    Thanks,
    Alan