Hi there,

I upgraded our impala cluster to the latest release 1.2.2, all the daemons
started successfully. I can see the catalogs on the catalogd's debug page,
but can't see that on the impalad's debug page, and when I connecte to the
impalad with the impala-shell, execute 'show databases' command, there's no
results. Anyone can help me?

--
Best Wishes!

Yours, Zesheng

  • Zesheng Wu at Jan 27, 2014 at 4:12 am
    I find that it takes long time that the imapad get the catalogs from the
    statestore, before that it just says "This Impala daemon is not ready to
    accept user requests. Status: Waiting for catalog update from the
    StateStore." when query.

    Is there any configure item can speed up this process?

    2014-01-27 Zesheng Wu <wuzesheng86@gmail.com>
    Hi there,

    I upgraded our impala cluster to the latest release 1.2.2, all the daemons
    started successfully. I can see the catalogs on the catalogd's debug page,
    but can't see that on the impalad's debug page, and when I connecte to the
    impalad with the impala-shell, execute 'show databases' command, there's no
    results. Anyone can help me?

    --
    Best Wishes!

    Yours, Zesheng

    --
    Best Wishes!

    Yours, Zesheng

  • Zesheng Wu at Jan 27, 2014 at 7:02 am
    This is some error information:

    I0127 14:46:07.381623 13646 jni-util.cc:154]
    com.cloudera.impala.common.AnalysisException: This Impala daemon is
    not ready to accept user requests. Status: Waiting for catalog update
    from the StateStore.
             at com.cloudera.impala.analysis.Analyzer.getCatalog(Analyzer.java:650)
             at com.cloudera.impala.analysis.ShowTablesStmt.analyze(ShowTablesStmt.java:110)
             at com.cloudera.impala.analysis.AnalysisContext.analyze(AnalysisContext.java:318)
             at com.cloudera.impala.service.Frontend.createExecRequest(Frontend.java:444)
             at com.cloudera.impala.service.JniFrontend.createExecRequest(JniFrontend.java:114)
    I0127 14:46:07.437988 13646 status.cc:44] AnalysisException: This
    Impala daemon is not ready to accept user requests. Status: Waiting
    for catalog update from the StateStore.
         @ 0xc8cc33 impala::Status::Status()
         @ 0xe7e521 impala::JniUtil::GetJniExceptionMsg()
         @ 0xe068c2 impala::JniUtil::CallJniMethod<>()
         @ 0xe038f0 impala::Frontend::GetExecRequest()
         @ 0xd4f023 impala::ImpalaServer::ExecuteInternal()
         @ 0xd4eb5a impala::ImpalaServer::Execute()
         @ 0xde03f8 impala::ImpalaServer::query()
         @ 0xf8835b beeswax::BeeswaxServiceProcessor::process_query()
         @ 0xf88100 beeswax::BeeswaxServiceProcessor::dispatchCall()
         @ 0xf74af3 impala::ImpalaServiceProcessor::dispatchCall()
         @ 0xd5cdf4 apache::thrift::TDispatchProcessor::process()
         @ 0x1a11259 apache::thrift::server::TThreadPoolServer::Task::run()
         @ 0x19fd9af
    apache::thrift::concurrency::ThreadManager::Task::run()
         @ 0x19ff8f4
    apache::thrift::concurrency::ThreadManager::Worker::run()
         @ 0xccf24b impala::ThriftThread::RunRunnable()
         @ 0xcd097d boost::_mfi::mf2<>::operator()()
         @ 0xcd07d6 boost::_bi::list3<>::operator()<>()
         @ 0xcd0553 boost::_bi::bind_t<>::operator()()
         @ 0xcd0461
    boost::detail::function::void_function_obj_invoker0<>::invoke()
         @ 0xcedb99 boost::function0<>::operator()()
         @ 0xe85310 impala::Thread::SuperviseThread()
         @ 0xe8d6d2 boost::_bi::list4<>::operator()<>()
         @ 0xe8d619 boost::_bi::bind_t<>::operator()()