Hi Manoj,

Those won't work when using Cloudera Manager because CM manages the
process, not init.d scripts.

Thanks,
Darren

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Manoj Samel wrote:

1. service impala-state-store start/stop
2. service impala-catalog start/stop
3. service impala-server start/stop (impala-d)

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Ashish Agrawal <ashish18011987@gmail.com

Does anyone know the exact commands to restart Impala Service
(impala-state-store and impala daemons) from command line. CDH cluster has
been installed via Cloudera Manager and by packages not parcels. I tried it
via "service impala-state-store start" command, but that doesn't work for
me because I dont find relevant files in /etc/init.d

I tried starting via statestored and impalad binaries(without any
parameter) but seems I am missing something, it is not starting that way
either.

Then I tried executing it via

/usr/lib/cmf/service/impala/impala.sh statestored state-store-flags false

But that doesnt work either. Got below mentioned output:-

/usr/lib/cmf/service/impala/impala.sh statestore state_store_flags false
+ date
Fri Jan 24 08:34:43 UTC 2014
+ date
Fri Jan 24 08:34:43 UTC 2014
++ dirname /usr/lib/cmf/service/impala/impala.sh
+ cloudera_config=/usr/lib/cmf/service/impala
++ cd /usr/lib/cmf/service/impala/../common
++ pwd
+ cloudera_config=/usr/lib/cmf/service/common
+ . /usr/lib/cmf/service/common/cloudera-config.sh
++ set -x
+ source_parcel_environment
+ '[' '!' -z '' ']'
+ export IMPALA_HOME=
+ IMPALA_HOME=
+ export IMPALA_CONF_DIR=/impala-conf
+ IMPALA_CONF_DIR=/impala-conf
+ export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/hadoop-conf
+ HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/hadoop-conf
+ export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/hive-conf
+ HIVE_CONF_DIR=/hive-conf
+ export HBASE_CONF_DIR=/hbase-conf
+ HBASE_CONF_DIR=/hbase-conf
+ JDBC_JARS=::
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ export AUX_CLASSPATH=::
+ AUX_CLASSPATH=::
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ export CLASSPATH=::
+ CLASSPATH=::
+ FLAG_FILE=/impala-conf/state_store_flags
+ USE_DEBUG_BUILD=false
+ perl -pi -e 's#{{CMF_CONF_DIR}}##g' /impala-conf/state_store_flags
Can't open /impala-conf/state_store_flags: No such file or directory.
+ '[' -f /impala-conf/.htpasswd ']'
+ false
+ export IMPALA_BIN=/sbin-retail
+ IMPALA_BIN=/sbin-retail
+ '[' impalad = statestore ']'
+ '[' statestore = statestore ']'
+ exec /../../bin/statestored --flagfile=/impala-conf/state_store_flags
/usr/lib/cmf/service/impala/impala.sh: line 64: /../../bin/statestored:
No such file or directory

Not sure, what am I missing here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks