I have requirement where number of columns in single Impala table will be
around 400 at creation and columns number expected to increase with
time(may be).
will there be a limitation from impala/hive side while creating/querying
this kind of table with huge column set.

Please advice if there will be any performance issue with having too many
columns in single impala table.

thanks in advance.

  • Matthew Jacobs at Jan 24, 2014 at 8:13 pm
    There is no hard limit on the number of columns. As long as you're
    using Parquet Impala, should be able to handle hundreds of columns.
    Let us know if you run into any problems.

    -Matt

    On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 2:48 AM, iTrainer Hadoop