   Im upgrading Impala from 1.1 to 1.2. This page (http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_upgrading.html) says "start the catalog server on each node in your cluster". I thought one instance of catalog server was enough. Do I have to start impala-catalog on every datanode?

Sam

  • Ishaan Joshi at Dec 13, 2013 at 12:59 am
    Sam,

       Your understanding is correct, you only need to start the catalog server
    on one node of the cluster. Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy in the
    documentation, we'll get it corrected soon.

    Thanks,

    Ishaan