Can you run "describe formatted <tbl>" from the hive shell?

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 3:02 AM, wrote:

Hi All,******

****

We have installed cludera *hadoop-2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.2.0* with *
hive-0.10.0-cdh4.2.0*. Both are working as desired. We can run any query
on hive shell.****

We also installed cloudera impala 1.1 . Show tables query works on
impala-shell, but select query on impala shell gives following error:****

****

ERROR: AnalysisException: Failed to load metadata for table:
default.sample1****

CAUSED BY: TableLoadingException: Failed to load metadata for table:
sample1****

CAUSED BY: TTransportException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read
timed out****

CAUSED BY: SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out****

****

Any idea to solve this issue.****