Quick question...

What is in the future plans for Impala with regards to the metadata
refresh? I personally think it is an inconvenience to manually update it or
schedule it on a daily or hourly basis whenever changes occur to tables.

Thanks,
Ben

  • Lenni Kuff at Sep 23, 2013 at 4:34 pm
    Hi Benjamin,
    This is a known pain point and we are actively working on improving this
    aspect of the product. Over the next Impala releases, we will be adding
    features to automate metadata refreshes which should significantly cut
    down/eliminate the need to execute these commands.

    Thanks,
    Lenni

    What is in the future plans for Impala with regards to the metadata
    refresh? I personally think it is an inconvenience to manually update it or
    schedule it on a daily or hourly basis whenever changes occur to tables.

    Thanks,
    Ben

  • Benjamin Kim at Sep 23, 2013 at 8:35 pm
    Lenni,

    This sounds great! When can I expect some of the pain to go away? Impala
    2.0?

    Thanks,
    Ben

    On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbui...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    What is in the future plans for Impala with regards to the metadata
    refresh? I personally think it is an inconvenience to manually update it or
    schedule it on a daily or hourly basis whenever changes occur to tables.

    Thanks,
    Ben

    email to impala-user...@cloudera.org <javascript:>.
  • Lenni Kuff at Sep 24, 2013 at 5:36 am
    Hi Ben,
    Yes, Impala v2.0 will include many of these enhancements. Keep a look out
    for our new releases, we are always working to improve functionality.

    an email to impala-user...@**cloudera.org.
    an email to impala-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.