Hello CDH, Impala and Cloudera Manager Users,
We are pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Impala version: 1.1.
This release includes the following new features:
- Sentry support:
- Fine-grained authorization
- Role-based authorization
- Support for views
- Performance improvements
- Parquet columnar performance
- More efficient metadata refresh for larger installations
- Additional SQL
- SQL-89 joins (in addition to existing SQL-92)
- LOAD function
- REFRESH command for JDBC/ODBC
- Improved Hbase support:
- Binary types
- Caching configuration
For a full list of features and fixes please see the Release
*Cloudera Manager 4.6.2:*
We are also announcing the Cloudera Manager 4.6.2 release, which contains
support for Impala 1.1 and several key bug fixes. Please see the full Cloudera
You can finddownload
installation and upgrade
our website. If you are using Cloudera Manager to manage Impala, we
recommend upgrading Impala to 1.1 and Cloudera Manager to 4.6.2.
*To Get Started on Impala:*
For those of you who have not used Impala previously, here is how you get
- Use Cloudera Manager 4.6.2 to deploy Impala. The installation
instructions can be found here: Installing Impala with Cloudera
- To deploy Impala without Cloudera Manager support, visit Cloudera's
follow the instructions in this section: Installing Impala without
Please note that you need to have CDH 4.1 or later installed on
RHEL5.7/6.2, Centos5.7/6.2, SUSE 11 with Service Pack 1 or later, Ubuntu
10.04/12.04, or Debian 6.03. For more information, see Cloudera Impala
- Impala FAQ<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Cloudera-Impala-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Cloudera-Impala-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html>
- Download the Cloudera QuickStart
includes a VM of Impala. The VM includes instructions that show you the
power of Impala.
- E-learning course on "An Introduction To
- Access the Impala source code at: https://github.com/cloudera/impala.
- Access the Impala
- Cloudera Manager
- Access the Cloudera Manager
If you have feedback, please continue to use the user groups and external
- The Impala user
Please use this to ask questions and provide feedback on Impala.
- The Impala Jira <http://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA>. Impala
feature requests and bug reports are welcome.
- The Cloudera Manager user
Please use this to ask questions and provide feedback on Cloudera Manager.
The Cloudera Team