I have a problem regarding Pentaho community version connection towards
Impala. I am using Pentaho CDE for dashboard creation and Pentaho Report
Designer for classic reports. We installed Impala on top of Hadoop because
the query response time was very poor (we're talking couple of minutes for
2 quite small tables). That's why we decided to use Impala.
Anyway, when I create a static query I get results back, but when I
parametrize the query I get error.. I know that Pentaho takes it's
parameters like: ${} , but it doesn't seem to work. That is when I work
with Report Designer. In CDE I simply get error processing component.. In
one word: heeeeeellllppppp...

Tnx!
Darko

Search Discussions

  • Darko Lugomer at Jul 10, 2013 at 6:44 am
    Hi Alan,

    Thanks for the answer, I already posted on Pentaho forum but nobody
    answered. Yes I can parametrize the query in Pentaho Report Designer (which
    as data source uses Hadoop) and I hopped to use that parametrized query
    report with Impala to get better query response. Will Impala have this
    concept in future? We would have great use of this feature, it would really
    help our solution.

    Regards,
    Darko

    It seems like the concept of "parameterized query" belongs Pentaho. Impala
    doesn't have this concept. I think you might get a better answer from the
    Pentaho forum?

    Thanks,
    Alan