Hi

I need to create external tables using Impala with data files located on
Amazon S3.
After endless tries and errors I got a sample table created.

Yet, what does not work on the created tables is selecting something.
Each time I try it (using impala-shell) leads to the following exception:

CAUSED BY: IllegalArgumentException: Wrong FS:
s3n://myAwsAccessKeyId:myAwsSecretAccessKey@myBucket/myFolder, expected:
hdfs://myServerUrl:8020

Changing the core-site.xml shall not be the option.
What I tried is setting the fs.defaultFS in the Java code via
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration and applying it to
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.
Without any effect.

Does someone have an ida what I am doing wrong?
Any help or suggestion is highly appeciated!
Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards
Jochen

Search Discussions

  • Marcel Kornacker at Jun 26, 2013 at 3:33 pm
    Impala does not support S3 as a storage manager.
[...]

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 26, '13 at 3:09p
activeJun 26, '13 at 3:33p