I am trying to install cloudera impala on my local machine (32 bit ubuntu)
without cloudera manager(they don't support on 32 bit ubuntu, i also tried
and failed).

I have tried following commands to download the impala from repository.

     $ sudo apt-get install impala-shell
     $ sudo apt-get install impala # Binaries for daemons
     $ sudo apt-get install impala-server # Service start/stop script
     $ sudo apt-get install impala-state-store # Service start/stop script

Upto here it worked fine. My impala/conf/hive-site.xml looks like this

<property>
<name>hive.metastore.local</name>
<value>false</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hive.metastore.uris</name>
<value>thrift://localhost:9083</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout</name>
<value>3600</value>
<description>MetaStore Client socket timeout in seconds</description>
</property>

My impala/conf/hdfs-site.xml looks like this.

<property>
     <name>dfs.client.read.shortcircuit</name>
     <value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
     <name>dfs.domain.socket.path</name>
     <value>/var/run/hadoop-hdfs/dn._PORT</value>
</property>

<property>
     <name>dfs.client.file-block-storage-locations.timeout</name>
     <value>3000</value>
</property>

Now, i was trying to connect to localhost on impala-shell. But, it give me
this error
Error connecting: <class
'thrift.transport.TTransport.TTransportException'>, Could not connect to
localhost:21000
FYI, i am using mysql for the metastore for my hive-hadoop cluster.

i also checked the log, it show:
*impala-serer.log*
/usr/bin/impalad: line 60:* /usr/lib/impala/sbin/impalad:* cannot execute
binary file
/usr/bin/impalad: line 60: */usr/lib/impala/sbin/impalad:* Success

*impala-state-store.log*
/usr/bin/statestored: line 60:* /usr/lib/impala/sbin/statestored:* cannot
execute binary file
/usr/bin/statestored: line 60: */usr/lib/impala/sbin/statestored:* Success

Search Discussions

  • Srinivasan Ramalingam at Jun 20, 2013 at 8:50 am
    impala doesn't support 32 bit operating system

[...]

  • Naresh Palaiya at Jun 20, 2013 at 8:53 am
    Yes, i also think so but i guess if you try to install along with cloudera
    manager it shouln't support. What if, i don't use the cloudera manager as
    well as i am not using the cloudera verison hadoop(cdh), then it should
    work, right?

    impala doesn't support 32 bit operating system

    On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Naresh Palaiya <nare...@carwale.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Naresh Palaiya at Jun 20, 2013 at 8:54 am