Hi All

I have two tables - A , B each having 10 million records in Hbase
I have a query consisting of Join on two tables.
In Hive Query , it results 7Million + records.

Whereas in Impala 1.0, it return an error "Error communicating with
impalad: TSocket read 0 bytes".

Any pointers on that.

I can share my logs if needed.

Thanks
Senthil

Search Discussions

  • Lenni Kuff at May 30, 2013 at 3:12 pm
    Hi Senthil,
    That error message generally indicates that impalad may have crashed during
    execution of the query. Could you please provide the impalad logs so we can
    further investigate? It would also be good to confirm that a simple SELECT
    * FROM <table> LIMIT 10 completes successfully against each of the tables
    involved in the join.

    Thanks,
    Lenni
    Software Engineer - Cloudera

    On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Senthil Kumar
    I have two tables - A , B each having 10 million records in Hbase
    I have a query consisting of Join on two tables.
    In Hive Query , it results 7Million + records.

    Whereas in Impala 1.0, it return an error "Error communicating with
    impalad: TSocket read 0 bytes".

    Any pointers on that.

    I can share my logs if needed.

    Thanks
    Senthil

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 30, '13 at 2:55p
activeMay 30, '13 at 3:12p
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Lenni Kuff: 1 post Senthil Kumar: 1 post