Henry (from Cloudera) mentioned that, in the case of node failure, Impala
will cancel the running query, so the query needs to be re-executed by the
client.

I think, it is important for users prospective to receive uninterrupted
query result as equivalent job through MapReducer or query thru Hive does
support uninterrupted user job in case of node failure.

Does Cloudera/Impala product group has any plan to support uninterrupted
queries in future?

Search Discussions

  • Marcel Kornacker at May 22, 2013 at 4:12 pm

    Henry (from Cloudera) mentioned that, in the case of node failure, Impala
    will cancel the running query, so the query needs to be re-executed by the
    client.

    I think, it is important for users prospective to receive uninterrupted
    query result as equivalent job through MapReducer or query thru Hive does
    support uninterrupted user job in case of node failure.

    Does Cloudera/Impala product group has any plan to support uninterrupted
    queries in future?
    We are planning on supporting that at some point in the future but we
    don't have a specific date for it yet.

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 22, '13 at 1:45p