Greetings,

I was trying to install guest additions in Cloudera VM but I ran into
problems. VM info: CentOS v6.2, CDH v4.2 and Impala v1.0.

I was following these instructions:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2009/07/cloudera-training-vm-virtualbox/ but
when I try to execute command sudo apt-get install build-essential
linux-headers-`uname -r` I get the following message:

"sudo: apt-get: command not found"

so I tried to "apt-get update" I get the message:

"bash: apt-get: No such file or directory".

I tried to another solution:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!mydiscussions/impala-user/o6OLCEaV8kk
but I didn't have luck because I can't acces/change/add files in
/etc/yum.repos.d/ because the directory + files are read-only. Now, I ran
out of solutions :(

Can somebody please help...

Thanks

Xan

Search Discussions

  • Alex Breshears at May 17, 2013 at 7:46 pm
    Sounds like a bug int he documentation? CentOS uses yum package manager,
    not apt.

    --
    Alex Breshears
    e: apbresh@gmail.com

    http://www.asim.pk/2010/05/28/build-essentials-in-centos/

    --
    Alex Breshears
    e: apbresh@gmail.com
    l: www.linkedin.com/in/alexbreshears/ <http://p-k.co/BxbZcI>
  • Xan McGregor at May 18, 2013 at 5:01 pm
    Yum command solved previous problem but I'm stuck... again!.

    I logged as root and tried yum groupinstall "Development Tools" and got the
    following error:

    ------------------------------------
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
      * base: centoss5.centos.org
      * extras: mirror.centos.plus.hr
      * updates: mirror.centos.plus.hr
    http://repos.jenkins.cloudera.com/impala/redhat/6/x86_64/impala/1.0/repodata/repomd.xml:
    [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host
    'repos.jenkins.cloudera.com'"
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
    Cloudera-impala. Please verify its path and try again

    So, the mirror is down and I can't access it. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Xan

    Dana petak, 17. svibnja 2013. 15:48:55 UTC-4, korisnik Alex Breshears
    I believe you want archive.cloudera.com, as described in the Impala docs:
    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_prereqs.html