I am new to impala, I have read that impala does not support create,alter
and drop queries..

Is it so? If that is a case, Can we need to create, alter and drop table
through hive?

Can any one please explain me this thing

Thank you

Search Discussions

  • John Russell at May 9, 2013 at 7:00 am
    Hello Ramya,

    Some of the DDL functionality has been added over the course of the beta releases, including substantial new features within the last month. You might have read some restrictions that no longer apply.

    For the statements that Impala 1.0 supports, including CREATE/DROP DATABASE and CREATE/ALTER/DROP TABLE, see:

    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_langref_sql.html

    Certain restrictions do still apply depending upon the file format of the table. For example, you would still use Hive to create an Avro table. For the types of operations that Impala can do for each file format, see:

    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_file_formats.html

    Regards,
    John
    I am new to impala, I have read that impala does not support create,alter and drop queries..

    Is it so? If that is a case, Can we need to create, alter and drop table through hive?

    Can any one please explain me this thing

    Thank you

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 9, '13 at 6:12a
activeMay 9, '13 at 7:00a
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

John Russell: 1 post Ramya kalimuthu: 1 post