I am connecting to impala the first time. I am running into this issue.
How can I verify that Impala-host and port that I am using is correct?

impala-shell -i host5.snv.colo:25010
Error: Unable to communicate with impalad service. This service may not be
an impalad instance. Check host:port and try again.
Error connecting: <class
'thrift.transport.TTransport.TTransportException'>, TSocket read 0 bytes
Welcome to the Impala shell. Press TAB twice to see a list of available
commands.

Copyright (c) 2012 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.

(Build version: Impala v0.7.1 (70cfa54) built on Tue Apr 16 22:10:43 PDT
2013)
[Not connected] >

Thanks
Mani

Search Discussions

  • manimaran Subramanian at May 3, 2013 at 7:09 am
    Henry,

    Default port 21000 worked.

    thanks.
    Mani

    That's almost certainly not the right port for your Impala service - 25010
    is where the statestore's debug webserver runs.

    Try impala-shell -i host5.snv.colo to use the default port, which is
    21000.

    Best,
    Henry

    --